Get to Know Mandy
Mandy Sanghera is an multiple award winning philanthropist, independent community & global consultant and global campaigner. As well as being an international human rights activist & motivational TEDx speaker from UK, who has traveled all over the world empowering & motivating others.
With over two decades of experience, Mandy is an expert in various development related fields. She has been driving innovation, building strategic partnerships, promoting advocacy and programming in the areas of human rights, gender equality, accountability and social justice globally. Mandy has worked alongside some of the worlds biggest organizations UN, UN Women, Plan Intl, European Parliament, Amnesty Intl, The Prince Trust, Medsin.
Mandy Is an international human rights activists who has spent the last 27 years supporting victims and survivors of harmful practices such as Honor Killings, FGM, early child forced Marriages, Faith Based Abuse, witchcraft.
Mandy is an international motivational speaker who has spent years supporting and empowering others find their purpose and rebuild their lives after abuse.
She continually dedicates herself to her real passion of being an upstanding humanitarian. Over the past 27 years Mandy has helped hundreds of individuals and now reaches thousands through social media and her generous amount of worldwide TV appearances and public speaking engagements.
She regularly appears in international press Mandy has been involved in several documentary, raising awareness of of social issues highlighting areas of inequalities. Her numerous blogs, articles and campaigns continue to raise awareness of harmful practices .
Mandy has been the national lead for the UK for vulnerable adults and honor violence and harmful practices she was involved in writing the guidelines on disability and HBV for the forced marriages unit. Mandy is dedicated to championing the rights and entitlements of disabled children from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background including those from marginalized communities whilst promoting social justice and equality for all.
Inspired by the outcomes of the Beijing Conference in 1995, Mandy is a feminist and has been advocating for gender equality and girls’/women’s empowerment throughout her career. Mandy has worked on programs to strengthen women’s political participation in local governance and economic empowerment globally, Mandy worked on gender mainstreaming and action to end violence against women and children in UK and beyond, promoting cross-regional programmatic collaboration.
Mandy worked with the European Parliament re forced marriages. The report and research a final report (based on the information from the 28 EU Member States and the selected associated countries (Switzerland, Norway, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Albania and Turkey)
With over 27 years’ experience of working in the areas of disability, woman & human rights , equality, diversity, participation, human rights, community engagements and inclusion, she is a woman of many talents and is an experienced trainer and regularly speaks at universities across the globe Yale, SFU, Kings College, Fordham, John Jay, Warwick and other universities re the ideology of cultural Abuse. Mandy is one of the leading consultant internationally on faith abused abuse
Mandy has been involved in research and campaigning programs. Mandy has led on several projects with leading charities addressing cultural barriers, stereotypes, misconceptions, barriers, safeguarding, abuse, mentoring, participation and rights role as global change makers.
Mandy has been involved in many Government en quires, she will be involved in the Child Abuse Inquiry.
Mandy has spoken at the United Nations and Amnesty International, Liberty and other NGO in recent months
Experienced trainer extensive knowledge of the criminal justice system (CJS) and Whitehall regarding Human Rights and Harmful Practices:
- International Gender-Based Violence Expert
- Experienced expert adviser to Ending Domestic Violence UN Women
- Global Ambassador for The Sharan Project
- Exceptional stakeholder influencing and management skills
- Trainer and facilitator
- Independent Criminal Justice Expert,
- Independent advocate an appropriate adult for vulnerable
- Development and delivery face to face training and podcast for Forced Marriage, Honor-Based Abuse, FGM and Domestic Abuse, Expert Evidence Course and FGM Seminars
- Contributing to International VAWG agenda through UN Women, UNODC
- Development of capacity and capability of NGOs with focus on criminal justice development addressing Gender-Based Violence
- Legal policy manager leading legal and non-legal staff to influence, develop and implement high profile high impact prosecution policy in relation to , violence against women and girls and related areas
- Strategic development and delivery of CPS criminal justice approach to Cyber Crime, Victims and Witnesses; Child Sexual Abuse; FGM; Forced Marriage; Honor-Based Abuse; Domestic Abuse; Coroners and the victims’ right to review working closely with the police and courts
- Development and delivery of e-learning and face to face training including CPS/Police national training on FGM, Forced Marriage and Honor-Based Abuse to support new policy and case management processes
- Influencer to projects including UNODC Global Technical Consultation on the Police and Justice Sector’s Response to violence against women; digital working; simple cautions for foreign nationals; and testing of pre-recorded cross-examination in child sexual abuse cases
Mandy has also mentored over 28 people last year through her find your mojo program.
Mandy is an ambassador and advisor for several charities and social groups. She loves empowering, supporting, enabling, inspiring others.
This year Mandy will be involved in the research with The Anne Craft Trust re people with learning disabilities and forced marriages.
Mandy will be working with the Government regarding Sharia Law in the UK. Mandy will be speaking at the House of Commons regarding faith based abuse. Mandy has been supporting victims of Human Trafficking and Modern day Slavery. Mandy has supported over 250 disabled and vulnerable adults who have been forced into marriage.
Mandy has delivered training to the CPS, police, local authorities, and other organizations around safeguarding, cultural competency, and the ideology of cultural practices, Mandy has published articles in academic papers and international magazines on learning disabilities and forced marriages and practice to keep people safe and is currently supporting Canada to tackle early child forced marriages.